This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

iTunes won't let me sync anymore

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I try to sync my iPhone with my iTunes, everything appears to go normally, and when it's almost done, or maybe even done, I get an error saying that it can't sync and when I check my iPhone no new information was transferred. *The error is apparently unknown, yet labeled (-53), and I couldn't find any information on it
I'm not an Ipod or even an Itunes user, so not familiar and possibly useless in helping you.
But here is the How-To:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1386

It might be important for you to be sure to:
update the computer's OS before installing or syncing
Update JAVA JRE
Update Flash Player
Update .net Framework, particularly update to v 3.51 (from MS Updates)
That page is to help first time sync-ers not to troubleshoot issues with current ones so it didn't benefit me much. I'm not aware of how exactly to update the things that you mentioned though, unless I have to just manually search for them and download whatever they say is the newest version online
Uninstall all JAVA related items via Control Panel - Add/Remove
next:
Download and install the "offline" JRE 6 Update 16, here:
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

______________________-

Uninstall Flash Player:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/127/tn_12727.html

Install latest Flash Player version 10
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
_______________________

To see if you have already installed .net Framwork 3.51 updates
Open Control Panel - Add/Remove
Place a Checkmark/Tick at the top for "Show Updates
scroll the populated list.

there are (3) three hotfix/updates for 3.5 SP I (KB958484, KB 963797, and KB953595)
You should have them all installed.
If not, go to MS Updates and allow updates.

Note: There are "differences of opinion" regarding Internet Explorer 8.0.
I do not use it, and still use IE 7.0 because of compatibility issues with .gov and contracting sites that I frequent.
The choice is up to you and your usage. But I thought I'd best give you a heads-up in case IE 8.0 was listed as an update, so you could make an intentional choice.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI