This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

AbiWord Printing

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I do not write much. This time I needed to make the letters biger  So I made the page 150% and made the font to

\size 16. Then the letter becane bigger on the screen but when I printed , it came out the old difficult to read small

print!!!

 

I am at a lose.I do not know what to do.

 

Please help me.  I am using Samsung SCX-4600 printer.

 

Thank you

It does not work.Then I tried the following.

 

Wordpad does not recognize AbiWord document. So I imported another document into it and made Font size to 22.

It printed but it was even smaller then other.Increasing font size did not work.

 

I am,nevertheless,grateful for your attention to the matter. Thank you.

Hi wesi, Thats interesting….

 

Please try this

open wordpad

type

Hi wesi

Highlight the Hi wesi and alter the font size to 22

press Ctrl+P

make sure the correct printer is selected and then print it……. any difference…?

 

if not then please advise your operating system and level of service pack, make and model number of computer  and we will advise the next steps.

Regards

paws

Thank you. It worked.

 

But.

When I imported abiword document into wordpad by selecting All Documents and

highlited all the text,selected font size 16 and pressed ctrl+P   it did Not work.

 

I have Lenevo  K4 series idea centre with  Win 10 Pro and is uptodate with all

updates since upgrade. Before, I had Win7 Ultimate installed after I had gotten

fed up with win8.

 

Printer is Samsung SCX-4600.  Last night I installed the new  Universal Print driver2.

 

Thank you for your time and effort.

Hi wesi,

Thank you. It worked.

 

Thats good to hear, so well done.

 

When it comes to using wordpad to open the abiword document, did you remember to first of all save the abiword document into .rtf format? (Rich text File format)

 

Try saving the abiword document in .rtf and then open it in wordpad,highlight it all (Ctrl+a) then select your font size  (22) and then try the print (Ctrl+p) and let us know if this does the trick for you.

Regards

paws

 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI