toruser
Topic Starter
There seems to be something wrong with the firefox extension I updated called CustomizeGoogle. What it does is makes your google searches anonymous. Recently Firefox notified me of an update on it. So I download the update. So this morning I go to firefox and checked the add-ons to see what new was added from the update. Under the word CustomizeGoogle it says this update will be installed the next time firefox restarts. So I do so. It still said that the update will be installed once firefox is restarted. So I thought maybe if I simply uninstall the customizegoogle addon and reinstall again it might clear up what problem it may be having. So I uninstall it.
After uninstalling I go chck the addons to see if this extension is still there. It is. However the prevous version is now there and says it's not compatible with the latest version of Firefox. I try uninstalling that. I restart firefox and it's still there. So is there a way I can manually uninstall this addon. Meaning go into Microsoft Explorer and delete a file or something. Or is there another way to resolve this issue. Thanks.