Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

firefox won't save bookmarks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gorf

gorf

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:44 AM

Greetings! Just recently, firefox won't save any page I bookmark. Did some sleuthing....was recommended that I delete places.sqlite and places.sqlite.journal. Did that and nothing...still won't save the bookmarks. Created a new profile.....nothing. Did a clean install....nada! Annoyed to no end...........

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 John B..

John B..

Honors Grad

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:48 AM

Hi,

Did some searching for you, but I am afraid you already did these things.

What about this:
http://kb.mozillazin...marks_not_saved

And this:
http://forums.mozill...h...p;sk=t&sd=a

Please let us know.

Regards,
John.

#3 gorf

gorf

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:08 PM

Thank you for your link to the forum John. That was the fix!! Lost a morning trying to fix this.....should have just come here first..HA :thumbup: Basically....moved the html bookmarks to my desktop...deleted places.sqlite, and cookies.sqlite(just for fun). When FF started you have no bookmarks...went to import,,,imported the html I just moved to the desktop and was able to save bookmarks again. Cheers!

#4 John B..

John B..

Honors Grad

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:44 PM

Glad we were able to help you :D