This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Computer is slow and won't open up pages [Solved]

28 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

How do you attach a screenshot here.  Also, firefox won't work at all and my other browsers rarely.  So I am having trouble answering your reports.  Thanks.

Not sure what to do, nothing seems to be working on the computer correctly. I have some music playing in the background its called go. Media but I cannot find it in my programs. I will send you some screenshots of the reports that you asked for and how they are not working. I don't know how this computer got so bad I haven't downloaded anything in months because I use my phone. Who knows!!

MediaGo is a Sony product and quite legitimate.

 

 

There were a lot of infections in the initial logs that you sent and we need to deal with them but first please do the following:

Uninstall programs

Uninstall these programs:

Microfast PC
Search Provided by Yahoo (HKLM-x32

 

  • hold down the Windows logo key and press X to open a menu at the lower-left area of the screen
  • select Programs and Features from the menu
  • search and select the above programs one by one and click on Uninstall
  • reboot your computer.

When you’ve done that, please run FRST again and make sure there is a check mark next to "Addition.txt" before you hit “Scan”.

Logs to include with next post:

New Frst.txt
New Addition.txt


Thanks

Satchfan

 

Definitely not. We don't do that here and certainly wouldn't have the time anyway.

 

Please follow the instructions as provided.

I just had to call somebody in to fix it, I think I was screwing things up. Thanks for your help though. I will probably talk to you again. Bye

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI