This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Continued Help

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

This is my link in the malware forum: http://forums.whatthetech.com/Network_Time_Out_t105851.html

My computer is running better but at times it still has an issue of the page not loading at the speed it should be. I'll follow the instructions above and then hopefully someone can assist me in this thread.

Also, I'm trying to follow all of your instructions as fast as I can however, I'm also in the middle of getting my son settled in at college and I'll not have access from this computer while we are gone so I hope this thread will stay open long enough for me to take care of everything that you all have suggested.

Thanks for your patience and all of your assistance.
Jodi

Edited to remove pasted data from malware forum, the link is all that's necessary. Rich
Thank you for you help and patience. I am ready to go again to try and get my computer running the way it should be running. What should I do first to begin things?
Please Run the PCPitstop Full Tests, here: PCPitstop Full Tests

You must use Internet Explorer as it needs to install an ActiveX program.

Note: Vista users with UAC must first Right-click IE - Select "Run as Administrator"

If you haven't already registered, Click - Sign up now! (left hand column in User Login)

Register and create a password
Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE.

The Full Tests take less than 5 minutes for most machines.

Once you have your Results, please post the URL (the http:// stuff) back here into this thread for review.

Note: Vista users, please close your instance of IE "Running as Administrator" after you are finished reviewing your Results.

Caution: During the testing of Video Adapter, a variety of patterns, shapes, colors and text are “flashed” onto the users monitor screen. In the many thousands of daily uses of the PCPitstop Full Tests over several years, two individuals who suffer epilepsy experienced discomfort and temporary dizziness when viewing the flashing patterns.

If you know that you are susceptible to photo driven seizure, please look away from your screen during the Video Adapter testing sequence.

Note: The PCPitstop Full Tests Results is a free service, but is supported by various paid product advertisements for utilities that "could" remedy the OP's problem.

Since this site is a "free-help" forum, we do not recommend or endorse purchase of automated utilities, and will assist you in manually correcting any problems and settings necessary to optimize your machine's performance. Ask your questions here. We'll help you walk through any necessary steps.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI