Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Continued Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 desertbeach

desertbeach

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:10 PM

This is my link in the malware forum: http://forums.whatth...ut_t105851.html

My computer is running better but at times it still has an issue of the page not loading at the speed it should be. I'll follow the instructions above and then hopefully someone can assist me in this thread.

Also, I'm trying to follow all of your instructions as fast as I can however, I'm also in the middle of getting my son settled in at college and I'll not have access from this computer while we are gone so I hope this thread will stay open long enough for me to take care of everything that you all have suggested.

Thanks for your patience and all of your assistance.
Jodi

Edited to remove pasted data from malware forum, the link is all that's necessary. Rich

Edited by Ztruker, 17 August 2009 - 06:32 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:06 PM

Post here when you're ready to work on this. It won't be closed.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 desertbeach

desertbeach

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:43 PM

Thank you for you help and patience. I am ready to go again to try and get my computer running the way it should be running. What should I do first to begin things?

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:48 PM

Please Run the PCPitstop Full Tests, here: PCPitstop Full Tests

You must use Internet Explorer as it needs to install an ActiveX program.

Note: Vista users with UAC must first Right-click IE - Select "Run as Administrator"

If you haven't already registered, Click - Sign up now! (left hand column in User Login)

Register and create a password
Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE.

The Full Tests take less than 5 minutes for most machines.

Once you have your Results, please post the URL (the http:// stuff) back here into this thread for review.

Note: Vista users, please close your instance of IE "Running as Administrator" after you are finished reviewing your Results.

Caution: During the testing of Video Adapter, a variety of patterns, shapes, colors and text are “flashed” onto the users monitor screen. In the many thousands of daily uses of the PCPitstop Full Tests over several years, two individuals who suffer epilepsy experienced discomfort and temporary dizziness when viewing the flashing patterns.

If you know that you are susceptible to photo driven seizure, please look away from your screen during the Video Adapter testing sequence.

Note: The PCPitstop Full Tests Results is a free service, but is supported by various paid product advertisements for utilities that "could" remedy the OP's problem.

Since this site is a "free-help" forum, we do not recommend or endorse purchase of automated utilities, and will assist you in manually correcting any problems and settings necessary to optimize your machine's performance. Ask your questions here. We'll help you walk through any necessary steps.

Edited by Ztruker, 21 August 2009 - 03:49 PM.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown