Your monitor is ok and this may be a driver issue for Windows 10 to accomodate your Dell video driver, the only support for updated drivers will be through you vendor for now till they patch it and add it to the MS data base, Windows 10 is brand new so hang in there or roll back to your previus version of Windows for now, I know it is not what you want to hear but that's the way it is with any Windows RTM.
Do I look at the monitor or video card in device manager for an updated driver. I tried updating the driver in 'monitor'.
Also how do I roll back to a previous version.?
I wish to keep 10 but do not mind rolling back a specific device if that is the case. Is it done in device manger?
There is no model I can see on the monitor. I had this issue occasionally with 8.1 but corrected it by unplugging and replugging but with 10 it is persistent at log in.
If I can do something now that would be fine but if I must wait for dell I can live with it too.
Thank you so much for the update and sorry I didn't get back to you, you are a genius and got it on by yourself and now doing great, this is excellent news Peter, one problem down and many more to go and I hope people we will see this to cure issue's as well as you did.
Just one more thing, what kind of computer you running if you dont mind me asking besides dell and what drivers did you get for your video card, at this point everything helps
I am sorry to disappoint you but the issue has returned. I was having other issues so did a system restore then all seemed well. This am the auto adjust in progress came back briefly and although it is much better it still persists. It is 6 years old so I think it is suffering from my malady, old age.
I do appreciate the kind words. I have a dell XPS 8300 Win 10 x64, and it too is old at 41/2 years.
My next step ids to try to update the driver but the trouble is there is no model on the monitor so it will not be easy at Dell.
I used the nvidia control panel to do the update as the update would not install from the nvidia site.
The web cam seems to be ok now but the monitor still displays,"auto adjust in progress," but very briefly and much less.
I think I need a DVI Cable for a clean digital connection or a new monitor.
I am going to let Windows work out a few bugs.
I appreciate your concern and efforts.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI