This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Old windows has issues [Solved]

12 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

After reboot it seems ok. I am allowing it to do a full system scan. What happens is many programs such as BD and MBAM and some others become non responsive. after a reboot things seem ok. I thought the issue had cleared so I didn't mention it. After I loaded BD and unloaded security system it started. The startup processes are most likely many and as it has sat for a few years it has so many updates to do that that part takes over the machine. Many times I cannot tell if something is going on because I cannot see it like I can on my apple, or perhaps I don't know how to see it. I do know on startup/reboot I have to let it sit for about 30 min so it can do its thing or I cannot use it. Frustrating for me but children should not mind as long as they can do their schoolwork.

 

I will keep you updated. Sorry, I really hoped I was now in the clear. Feel like I am but better to give it 24 hours

Glad you did. Ran the BD full scan and it found 2 trojans claims to have placed them in Quarantine. they are:

 

C:\system volume information\_restore{7f7be6f89-488-abdc-75393719a72d}\RP842\A0130265.exe

 

and all the same but for the ending after the last slash

 

\A0130292.exe

 

??????????????

You can delete them there in your System Restore program, also lets do this to flush out all old restore points that may still have and infected file or two and then create a brand new clean restore point

 

System Restore makes regular backups of all your settings, if you ever had to use this program to restore your system to a previous date, you will be infected all over again so we need to clean out the previous Restore Points
 
Turn off System Restore.
 
  •  
  • Right-click My Computer.
  • Click Properties.
  • Click the System Restore tab.
  • Check Turn off System Restore on all Drives.
  • Click Apply, and then click OK.
 
 
Reboot your computer
 
Turn ON System Restore.
 
  •  
  • Right-click My Computer.
  • ClickProperties.
  • Click the System Restore tab.
  • UN-Check Turn off System Restore on all Drives.
  • Click Apply, and then click OK.
 
 
Create a new Restore Point <– Very Important
 

Go to Start> All Programs> Assesories> System Tools> System Restore and create a New Restore Point

 
System Restore Tutorial <– If you need it

Well, I again believe all is good. I ran BD and all was clean. Air conditioner broke so have spent the day on it. Guess what! I am not an a/c man.  :pullhair:

 

Ild go to bed and say to heck with it all but it is too blasted hot to even lay down. Off to find a good creek bed.

Thats great, down here in Florida its pretty hot to and its only the beginning of June  :smack:

 

Take care , my pleasure helping you

Ken,

 

I think for the most part all is good. I have had a problem with the computer running and yet doing nothing. I was thinking it was downloading updates or something for the most part but it seems to happen a lot more often then not.  I decided to do a ctrl+alt+del and what I found what that  System Idle Process runs at 77-100 CPU  for the most part. Normally in the 90-98 range. 

 

Perhaps this is not an area you are well versed and I need to ask elsewhere but I thought I would at least as you first as you know the machine a bit more now. Thank for help and opinions. 

I am on a Windows 8.1 desktop and a program called Process Manager shows my System Idle Process running at 95.90 and all is well with this machine. Could be a hardware problem , possibly outdated drivers. All the scans we ran are showing no malware . 

 

Why don't you post in our windows forum and ask them about it, you can link them to this thread if you wish so they can see what we have done and that it looks like malware is not the culprit

 

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=119

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI