This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

I can only see 80% of my monitor

12 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I can see why you're struggling for info now, not exactly helpful from what can be seen, BUT, that said, I found a clue as to what you have, and with luck it is an Inspiron 1520 laptop ?

Assuming it is, click on the link and let their scanner run on your system (install the active x as needed), that way it will take you to the correct drivers for your system, as these are often varied among systems falling under the same badge, download the latest (they often show older drivers at the same time, so look at the dates they were released in the notes) Chipset, and Video\display drivers, then install them, and they should at least resolve the driver side of things.

 

If the device manager is showing no issues after doing this, and the problem still exists, I will dig into the manual if needed to see if there are mentions of adjusting a laptop screen size in the way I would a stand alone monitor, as I have never had to do that on a laptop (or even know if it can be done), but hopefully this helps a bit anyway.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI