Paul2010
Topic Starter
Hello,
I have just had excellent and much appreciated help from What the Tech removing Malware from my:
• Dell XPS710
• MS XP Pro
• BIOS Phoenix ROM BIOS Plus Version 1.10 1.4. 1
• Colorgraphic Xentra GT Quad Video Adapter and four Ultra Sharp Monitors.
The topic can be found here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=120751
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…view=getnewpost
Malware identified two infections:
C:\Documents and Settings\…\Downloaded Program Updates\sdsetup.exe probably a variant of Win32/Spy.Agent.LSLDWCL Trojan
C:\Documents and Settings\…\Downloaded Program Updates\Monitors & Video Cards\avi2video_install.exe Win32/Adware.MarketScore.A application
Combofix was used to remove them and in the process my video resolution was greatly diminished.
I searched the net and found a zip file of the adapter drivers and loaded them to my desktop. I used Device Manager- Display Adapters-right click and uninstalled two monitors one at a time. I rebooted and new hardware was found. I reinstalled the drivers by pointing to the desktop folder with the new drivers. The install was successful. I then right clicked on my desk top and brought up Display Properties-Setting where I was able to Extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor thereby bring the video back on line. Unfortunately with the same compromised poor resolution. As I mentioned I did this twice; one monitor at the time, with the same poor resolution results.
I updated all four Monitor Drivers 2 x Dell 1905FP (Analog) and 2 x Dell SP2309W (Analog) with still no improvement.
Any ideas on how to further debug this would be much appreciated.
Sincerely,
Paul
I have just had excellent and much appreciated help from What the Tech removing Malware from my:
• Dell XPS710
• MS XP Pro
• BIOS Phoenix ROM BIOS Plus Version 1.10 1.4. 1
• Colorgraphic Xentra GT Quad Video Adapter and four Ultra Sharp Monitors.
The topic can be found here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=120751
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…view=getnewpost
Malware identified two infections:
C:\Documents and Settings\…\Downloaded Program Updates\sdsetup.exe probably a variant of Win32/Spy.Agent.LSLDWCL Trojan
C:\Documents and Settings\…\Downloaded Program Updates\Monitors & Video Cards\avi2video_install.exe Win32/Adware.MarketScore.A application
Combofix was used to remove them and in the process my video resolution was greatly diminished.
I searched the net and found a zip file of the adapter drivers and loaded them to my desktop. I used Device Manager- Display Adapters-right click and uninstalled two monitors one at a time. I rebooted and new hardware was found. I reinstalled the drivers by pointing to the desktop folder with the new drivers. The install was successful. I then right clicked on my desk top and brought up Display Properties-Setting where I was able to Extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor thereby bring the video back on line. Unfortunately with the same compromised poor resolution. As I mentioned I did this twice; one monitor at the time, with the same poor resolution results.
I updated all four Monitor Drivers 2 x Dell 1905FP (Analog) and 2 x Dell SP2309W (Analog) with still no improvement.
Any ideas on how to further debug this would be much appreciated.
Sincerely,
Paul