This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problem with installing a driver.. Code 28

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Alright.. Hey WTT, I haven't been on here in quite sometime! But today I am in need of your assitance!

 

 

I've been at this for close to 4 1/2 hours now. I can't seem to install a particular driver. Before I explain what I am trying to install, I just wanna let you guys know it was working perfectly fine about 2 weeks ago when it was last plugged in. Despite what Microsoft says "It's not compatible" it is. 

 

 

I have been trying to connect my Afterglow ps3 controller. In order for that to work you have to install the dongle (for wireless). I had taking it out of my computer about 2 weeks ago to put in another device. I don't use the controller often so I didn't put it back in until today. Here's where the problem happens. My PC seems to have thrown the dongle into the "other devices" and isn't installing the driver. I have searched and searched and searched, and can't find the answer to my problem.

 

 

The driver is WT6573. I'm sure it isn't the device, but may be my computer. I have scanned and found absolutely nothing. My computer makes the sound that the device has been plugged in. But never fully installs the driver, I'm running Windows 8.1. Here's an SS.

 

[external image: rvdooi.png]

 

 

List of things I've tried.

- Uninstalling the driver

- Scanning Computer

- Rebooting my computer

- Updating my computer

- Unplugging the PSU and removing all USB's plugged in 

- Tried installing Xbox360_Accessories or something along those lines [if you look into this problem, you'll know what I'm talking about]

- MotionJoy

- Disabled signature enforcement

- Tried searching c:\windows\winsxs in the update driver from browsing file on computer menu

- System restoring [unfortunately I could only go back to 7/16/14 didn't work]

 

 

I hope you guys can help! 

 

Thank you,

 

Drew

Hi Andrew.  How do you know its not the hardware?  Have you plugged in to a different computer and had it work successfully?

 

This is what called an "unrecognized USB device" which is most likely a failure of the device.  It could also be hardware failure at some other level on your motherboard.  You could try other USB ports (try them all), some of the ports will be on different controllers possibly and work.  Its rarely a driver issue.

 

If you can make it work on a different computer then you can say its not the device.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI