This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Unknown Device Driver Locators!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:rant2: Good Day to all! This morning, when I opened my Yahoo! messenger, all was well. As soon as I tried to turn on the Launch Cast Radio, ACK! BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH! I have had this particular Yahoo! program for quite a long time, it is not new on my machine. In the explaination of this crash, it informed me that I have an "unknown device driver". Could someone tell me if there is a program that I can download, that will help me to locate this "unknown"? I have looked into my Device Manager, and all looks OK to me, but then again, I am not a WAY-knowledgeable person on this subject! <_< I have had no other problems with my machine until this happened today! Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Ok open the device manager once more, click on "View" and then choose to "View By Connection"… then expand everything (if need be) and see if that will show anything. That could be, really, from any number of things…something may have updated itself….CMOS battery could need replacing, therefore settings falling back to default…power supply could be going bad..or it could simply be a corrupt driver file, however, if thats the case then it should show in device mangler.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI