I had to reinstall windows 10 pro.32 bit.
I have a Trust 18187-03 bluetooth dongle (Plug & Play) which used
to play well connecting to my Phillips headphone.
Now, Windows says device malfunctioned ,windows does not recognize it.
But, the bluetooth icon appears in the task bar. When clicked, get to connect
bluetooth device.
It appears as Other Devices with bluetooth icon followed by CSR 8510 A10.
Then it says after about 5 minutes, device malfunctioned can not connect.
This thing has no drivers from the manufacturer.
How can I make windows to install correct drivers or is there another way
of making it work?
One more thing.The dongle flashes a green light when inserted.But as soon as windows
starts to connect,it stops blinking and restart blinking after windows says it can not connect.Strange.
Help will be greatly appreciated.
What version of Windows do do you now have. Press Window key + R and type winver to see.
Have you applied Windows Updates after reinstalling Windows 10 Pro 32 bit?
Latest version is:
📎 Winver.jpg
Thank you.
Version is :1803 (OS build 17134.228)
Attempted update just now,got reply,
You have the latest update and then installed new definition
for windows Defender, nothing else.
I did reinstall on Aug 31,2018.
This is most likely a problem with the 1803 build. It has caused a lot of problems for many people. Not sure what you can do about it.
See if the X86 Windows 7 driver here will work: CSR8510A10 Driver, here available!
Thank you.
Installed driver but no luck.
Icon from taskbar is gone. But it shows up in D.Manager as bluetooth radio/ this device is workin properly/
driver is uptodate etc.
Connect bluetooth device still sees it as other device.Dont know what to do.
It shows up in This PC in Bluetooth and drives.Clicking it takes to a page which says this folder is empty!!!!
You can try uninstalling the device from Device Manager, wherever it shows up, then remove the dongle, then reboot.
Once Windows 10 is finished stabilizing, insert the dongle and wait a while, see what Windows 10 does.
No luck. nothing changed.
Thank you for your time and effort.
The only other solution I can think of it to switch to a different headset, wired perhaps.
I have one—will use it. Thank you.
Stinks though. You bluetooth headset worked fine before (prior to build 1803) and may work again with a later build.
The next WIndows 10 update is being released in October. It will be called October 2018 Update (real imaginative hey )
One lives in hope!
Lets see what next build brings.
Yesterday windows installed update KB4100347.
Is this the update you mentioned earlier? If so, regret to inform you that it has made no change.
I bought a new dongle thinking old one may have become defective. New one also does not
connect.
System still sees as "Other device" CSR8510 A10.
Thank you.
The update is called Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809. I don't see a KB number. Go to Windows Update and click on Check for updates .
if deleting old drivers and uninstalling the device, rebooting then reconnecting it and letting windows find new drivers and there are no more updates then maybe try this.
don't download and install any software from link but i'd try solution 3 from here :-
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/windows-10-bluetooth-driver-not-working-not-available-solved/
just to make sure about deleting old drivers when ztruker instructed you to do this.
"You can try uninstalling the device from Device Manager, wherever it shows up, then remove the dongle, then reboot.
Once Windows 10 is finished stabilizing, insert the dongle and wait a while, see what Windows 10 does."
did you click on the driver tab and uninstall the driver, i believe there should have been a box to delete the driver software for this device and need to make sure it was ticked.
Thank you,both.
Yes I did uninstall,reinstall, let win find driver etc etc.
New dongle does not work as well!!!!
I will try update and report back as soon as I get the
new update.