This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

wireless usb mouse stopped being recognized (windows xp)

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just had another problem creep up on another computer I use frequently. I can no longer get my wireless USB mouse to work. Windows no longer recognizes it. I went through the trouble shooter on windows and it said to uninstall the driver. I did that, but now when the driver reinstalls itself, it says that it had problems with the installation and might not function properly. When I try to get the mouse to work, it says "unknown device properties" and if I click on that, it now gives me the following:

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

But the device is connected to the computer and I've been through the troubleshooting, but to no avail. I searched on the internet and came up with this

http://searchwincomputing.techtarget.com/t…1059071,00.html

But when I use regedit and search under the usb devices, no of them have "unknown device."

Any ideas? I can't figure out anything else.

Thanks,
Jay
Nevermind. After testing the mouse in other computers, it still does not work, so it seems to be some sort of problem with the mouse itself. I'm going to try to exchange it as it is still under warranty.
maybe it's a case of putting the cd in, going to 'my computer', and on the d-drive, right click it and click: ''explore''. have a snoop around there, see if there is any .exe files for installing the mouse. I can't think of much more. I guess the batteries do work? Also, make sure you've pressed the send signal button on the mouse? usually on the underside. Sorry if this doesn't work, but it's worth a go maybe? thanks for reading. :D

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI