My SD card reader is not being recognized. When I go to Device Manager I don't see it but I do have an unknown device showing up. I have an Asus with windows 7.
SD card reader not working
2 min read
Sounds like you need to install the drivers for it, go to the card readers site, and find the drivers under support (usually) for what you have, then install and see if that helps, then we can go from there, if you are unsure as to where\how to get the driver, reply back with the make\model of the reader, and we will try and guide you.
Where can I find the information on the make and model of the card reader?
Regards
paws
the card reader is part of the computer. There is nothing I can read on it.
Assuming this is a store bought system, which came with the card reader in it, then you should find the drivers on the system maker's site, if you're unsure how to, let us know the make\model of the actual PC, then we can try and guide you, if you don't know that info, then get and run Speccy (free version), that should tell you about what you have.
It is an Asus U46E. I looked on speecy but don't see the card reader.
Right, go Here, it should take you to the page of this, assuming it doesn't land you on the downloads bit, click the tab at the top right (near enough) that say's Support, then click on the heading that say's Driver & Tools, you will need to select your OS from the drop down box, there is only Windows 7 and 8 available.
Once that loads the available drivers for your system, scroll down and expand the Card Reader entry, you then get 1 driver to choose from so it's pretty obvious what to get, unlike sometimes where they may list numerous ones, but with luck getting and installing that should help.
Thank you - that worked perfectly!
NP Thanks for letting us know, if only all problems were as easy lol. ![]()
Nice fix 8210GUY
![]()
Regards
paws
TY ![]()
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI