Hey there,
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
I have a 2GB Micro SD card and I am having trouble with it. Now, to get the data onto the computer I have to use an adaptor for the Micro SD card. I put the Micro SD card into the adaptor and then I put it in my laptop, it reads the adaptor but not the card.
The adaptor shows up in "Computer" but when I click "Secure Digital Storage Device (F:)" it says "Please inset a disk into Secure Digital Sotrage Device (F:)".
I don't know what is going on but I cannot seem to access my Micro SD card.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Only thing I can suggest ATM is to ensure the adaptor is fitted correctly and securely, because that is what places the card in the reading position for the system, so if by some freak reason it's not lined up then that could be why.
Also make sure you have it the right way up, in my experience you shouldn't be able to put it in the wrong way, it's part of why the corner is shaped, also how many card reader ports do you have ?
I am wondering if you may of placed it in the wrong port perhaps, my set up has 6 ports, 2 on the floppy and 4 on a USB card reader, and if I select the wrong adaptor I get the same message, have you tried the card in another reader ? just wondering if that works OK.
Also how deep is the card inserted ? just wondering if you need to push it just that bit more in, obviously don't force it, but if you have felt some resistance and stopped for fear of breaking it, just make sure the resistance wasn't just the bit you need to push home into, if the card is almost flush it is unlikely to be this, but assuming the reader works fine the weak spot appears to be the adaptor or how it's put together\inserted so try and double check that it sits right in the adaptor and goes in the right way up\round etc, the card placed in the adaptor should be pretty snug so it appears like a single card, they are confusing things when you first get them, so try these checks and see if it helps.
Hey 8210GUY,
Thanks for your fast reply.
I tried everything you have said, I tried fitting it in properly, making sure it was tightly in place and put it in to the computer correctly, still the same (I even locked the Micro SD card so that it wouldn't come out of the adaptor).
It's pretty weird since the Micro SD card works in my old mobile phone.
After searching around on Google, some people had problems with their drivers, others said that if you have a bigger Micro SD card 1GB or higher you could have these problems, mine happens to be a 2GB card.
Any other solutions to this?
I haven't researched this properly, but do recall an article about some SD readers having difficulty reading cards greater than 1gb.
I believe there was a firmware update or a registry fix involved in the solution.
It could be as simple as updating the SD Reader Driver software
A little google research on your part is likely to find others with similar problems and some with answers.
Post back with your results to help others here at WTT.
Remember when installing drivers it is best to create a Restore Point before proceeding
Remember that when changing Registry Values is is essential to make a Registry backup before proceeding.
Well I fear we are on a losing battle here, as you have found comments about these matters, and as you may be aware if following threads about various issues with all kind of media, sometimes it is as simple as the hardware involved simply does not like the media used, this can often be resolved by changing to another brand of media, the size of the card may be a factor as well, it was certainly true of the mobile phones when the larger cards first started rolling out, they just refused to see some cards, so IMHO you have 2 ways to go here, either try a different brand of card, or try a 3rd party card reader, if going this route make sure it will read the little card without the adaptor, they always make me nervous lol, I always wonder what if they separate while inserted lol, so not sure if you want to start looking for deeper possible solutions, everything ranging from flashing the bios to the latest to simply installing the latest drivers, but given the cost of these items today you may feel your time is worth more than the cost of buying other options.
One thought though, do you know of anyone you know of anyone with such a card ? or with another card reader ? just wondering if you are able to check the items are working fine in their own right, I really hate suggesting people spend money without being as sure as possible all that can be done has been, and being able to try other parts is the greatest help with that, but it is not always possible as you may not know of anyone to try this with, I really hope someone has a miracle solution for you, but I would strongly suggest trying to find someone with another card or card reader to physically check your system and your card, I hope you get it sorted.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI