I have just reinstalled Windows 7 on my pc and when I start my pc and it goes through the bios, it offers 2 windows 7 to choose from, with a countdown before booting into the first one in the queue.
I suspect the second one is probably 'windows old' on my C drive, but there is no mention of it in disk cleanup to clean it up.
Is there anywhere else I can look for it.
It was in the early restore points, but they are long gone.
Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered.
That is almost certainly what it is, it happens when you reinstall windows on top of the previous version, you will normally see Windows.old under your C Drive, sometimes you may need to show hidden files to see it, there are 2 choices, if you have only just reinstalled, you may want to do it again, but as a clean install this time, this will remove the old copy of windows and the 2nd boot option.
Should you wish to just remove the 2nd boot option, you can just remove it from the options, but Here is another way to remove the Windows.old folder and free up space if you want, it may be easier than another installation, and simply type msconfig in the search box, and click on the Boot tab, and remove it from there, the link gives clear instruction on this, hope it helps.
8210GUY, Thank you so much for your quick reply. I decided to take the easy way out and use msconfig to delete the windows old folder. Solved my problem in no time at all.