This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Duplicate C: Prompt During Boot Up

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi There I think I have a minor problem, but it's not one that I can solve cause I'm a computer novice. So I'm searching for expert help. I'm a OEM user and running Windows98. I notice when my computer boots up. It initially starts with memory and drive check. Then I have 2 C: prompt showing up Example: C: C: before windows starts up. I really would appreciate if someone can tell me how to remove the 2 C: prompt from boot up. It seems to slow up my system. Thanks
Hi BASSRUPTURE- (Fishing.. or Audio enthusiast..?) Does it boot all the way to Windows ..? If so I wouldnt worry to much about it. Could be something as small as a typo in MBR (Master Boot Record)
Hi Crow I really appreciate your reply. I'm more of an audio kind of guy :D Yes, it boots all the way to windows. No problem there. It just seem kinda odd with two C:. Thanks God bless and best regards