This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

gray box appears momentarily on startup

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am running windows 7 on a laptop. I've noticed this strange gray box with transparent windows that is superimposed over the left upper corner of the desktop near the end of startup. It is only there for half a second or so. I finally managed a screengrab. Any idea what it is?

I'm closing your duplicated thread. It must have been one of your installed program which I can't tell for sure what that is. It may very well be one of the start ups. Maybe you can try finding out which program you installed has similar layout?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI