This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Limited access to wireless

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,

 

I have a Windows 7 laptop and I'm currently facing a connectivity issue.

 

I have never had such issue. When I want to connect to my house wi-fi network, it says "Limited access" so I went to see its properties, but I received an error. It doesn't let me check the network properties as it gives me something like this: 

 

"Windows has encountered an error while registering the wireless profile…the specified file can't be found" (it's not the exact text, it's what I could translate from French)

 

So I tried something else: I went to the control panel and managed to see the properties of the network… IPV4 is not activated, so is IPV6. The "properties" button for both of them is greyed out (unavailable).

 

May I receive some advice regarding this? The laptop belongs to my father and he really needs Internet connection.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

(If you need extra information, please don't hesitate and go ahead)

I'm not sure.

 

But I did do something today: I ran the Windows problem check and it detected an issue with my network driver (in French: carte réseau) or whatever you call it in English.. I disabled it and re-enabled it but no result.

 

I think I have to update the driver as an attempt to fix this problem? If yes, any help if possible?

 

Thanks in advance

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI