This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

win 8.1

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I made the mistake of browsing the lock screen preview page and using some family photos . I thought they could later be removed. Well, now is later and nowhere on YouTube or Google can I find out how to remove photos from the lock screen preview.

Is there  a trick to this or am I missing something?

I don't quite understand why you have a problem there, just change the picture to something else, that should remove it from the lock screen, go to the bottom right corner and bring out the menu, click on the Cog (Settings) icon, then just under to the right click on the line of text that say's "Change PC settings" to open a page where you can change the images to anything you like.

Just click on the image you want to change, then select the new image to use either from the default ones shown below, or browse to any other image you want, that will remove the picture you want from, being displayed on the lock screen, hope it helps.

Hello my friend - good to hear from you.

I followed the path C:>windows>web>screen until I could copy and paste the default ones to documents because that is as far browse allows you to go. I then was able to browse to documents to displace the family ones with default ones. "Browse" only took you as far as C:, so now there are all default pix.

 

Hope you are still on the sunny side of the street.

Peter

There is no need or reason to go into system files, in fact it is unwise to touch system files, there is no knowing what damage you "could" do\cause by doing so, under the method given previously if you don't see a picture you want to use under the lock screen picture, you can use the Browse button to go to where the image you do want to use is saved, logically in your My Pictures as we know it, but in the newer OS's they just call it Pictures.

 

The Browse window will take you to a window, if it hasn't taken you into your Pictures folder, then you will need to manually guide yourself to it, you do that the same way you would get to any area you would want to access, no different to how you went into the Windows folder, just selecting where the images you want are stored instead, not sure if this helps see where it may be going wrong.

 

No sunny side here, just doom and gloom lol.

Me too about not feeling so good. Hang in.

I hear you about messing with the files but I had no way to solve this. The browse did not go past documents so I put some photos there. next time I'll import some.

cu soon

Peter

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI