Hello
Has anyone noticed the photo gallery full of default icons?
I used to be able to remove then with Win 7 but now it asks for admin and TrustedInstaller permissions.
Thank you
Peter
Nope. Where is it? How do you get to it? Why would you want to remove them?
If you go to search in Win 8 you will see Photo gallery in the middle of the apps. When you click on it you then see the photo gallery loading. Once loaded you will see all the icons. if I click on my personal photos or videos they go away otherwise there are tons that seem to be default icons.
>>What do you mean by Ex7ForW8, if I may ask?
Actually, I like the charms and tiles as I have placed what I usually use in one clump so it is readily available.
See here: Disable the new Windows 8 interface for good with Ex7ForW8. That article has a link in it to here.
Win 8 boots directly to the Desktop, no Metro.
I have a Start Menu and Quick Launch bar. 8GadgetPack gives me back all the Win 7 gadgets as I like and use the Weather gadget.
Desktop looks like this:
R
I am stuck.
I looked at the photo gallery on the laptop and it is clean no matter what you click as it has not been used.
I do the same with the desktop and it shows 1,025 icons which cannot be removed. They are in years as in 2012,2011, down to 1999.
They look like windows default icons like a red x and a yellow exclamation point etc.
I have uninstalled Essentials with both Revo and Iobit and reinstalled Essentials to no avail.
Is there any way out of this besides reinstalling?
Peter
This is only one of the months or years. It says there are 1,0025 icons but cannot be removed b/c of admin and Trusted privileges.
I will remove Live essentials and find another email client and photo shop but the "why" is bothering me.
I tried the refresh but it did not fix any corruption so I used Macrium to get back up and running.
I could reinstall but I don't know if it is necessary.
By the way the desktop is clear showing that there is an issue with the desktop. If I do click on just my pictures on the desktop,, I have a blank page as I should have to work with. The laptop shows it as it should be.
Windows Essentials is not installing properly.
The Win Essentials Photo Gallery should be empty I agree. My laptop is empty too. But the desktop is not and I have tried everything I could. Iobit uninstaller let me uninstall only that feature of Essentials - the photo gallery which I liked.. I am looking for another photo shop but that does not answer why the corruption and what to do. MS said to hold F+ ALT to no avail..
I guess I either uninstall or accept it.
I wonder if the iso was defective. It seems all the days months, and years from 2009 to date including all of the MS icons are
in All photos or all Videos to the tune of 10025.
It is now uninstalled and I'm searching for another photo shop as I said.
What would you do in my shoes?
I you looking for something to edit photos or just organize and print them?
I use GIMP for editing (ported from Linux). It's the poor man's Adobe PhotoShop.
Many people use Picasa to organize and print photos. Just be careful when you install anything from Google or it will add all kinds of junk.
No, you have to download Windows Essentials which contains an email client, photo gallery and messenger etc.
Maybe removing all of Essentials and using Thunderbird would be better. I found the MS Office Picture Manger to be a better photo program anyway
I am thinking of using a good email client with.the MS Office Picture Manger .This way I could remove Windows Essentials.
Ah, you did not say that before. I don't use Essentials so can't help, sorry.
I use good old SeaMonkey Suite. Browser/E-mail combo, just like Netscape then Mozilla used to be.
I like the browser and E-mail client.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI