This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Wallpaper not dispayed

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had some touble last week with ad ware :rant2: . I succeed to remove it using HijackThis: I looked for all files created during installation of the guilty software. Then I used the "delete file on reboot" feature. :thumbup: It worked fine, except for wallpaper display ??? Since this moment, I cannot display any wallpaper. I know it is still there because when I go to standby, or when I use the ctrl+alt+del to call the task manager, it appears again. I even can see it changing from time to time (I am using webshot). But when I go back to the desktop, the wallpaper is hidden by a black screen :wall:. Any clue? :scratch: I know this is not really important, but I enjoy to see my pictures, so if some one could help me I will really appreciate :weee:. Chaps
see if this helps: Click start> settings> control panel. Double click "display" Click "desktop" tab Click "customise desktop" icon Click "web" tab Hilight "security" if it isn't already. Click "delete" button OK the prompt. Click OK Click Apply Click OK.
Thank you Shelf Life,:thumbup: I tried your suggestion, and it helps me to recover my wallpaper. In fact, I wasn't able to do exactly what you say, because there was no "security" to highlight in the wab tab. There was only: My Current Home Page in the combo box, with 3 buttons (New, Property, Synchronize) I choose New, gave a path to Wallpaper.bmp, and validate. Then a kind of window appeared on desktop, with some control icons, I used them to fit to the display. It works, but I don't see where the picture is really stored, as long as the wallpaper is not in sync with the one written by webshot. :blink: Thanks again. Pascal.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI