Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

videos don't load in Chrome

Best Answer paws , 03 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

Hi kalexa.If it loads OK in IE (you could try Mozilla Firefox as well) but not in Chrome then it looks like it could be a problem in Chrome itself. You could therefore try uninstalling it, close down your computer for a full shutdown (not just... Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kalexa

kalexa

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

I am trying to watch videos on The Weather Channel using Google Chrome.  Nothing will load or play.  However, if I cut and paste the site onto IE, the video plays fine.  I have the automatic Flash Player that comes with Chrome.  I also tried downloading a separate version of Flash and disabling the Pepper version, but still nothing.  I'm not sure that this has ALWAYS been the case, but certainly for the past month or more.  I have Windows 7.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:40 AM   Best Answer

Hi kalexa.

If it loads OK in IE (you could try Mozilla Firefox as well) but not in Chrome then it looks like it could be a problem in Chrome itself.

You could therefore try uninstalling it, close down your computer for a full shutdown (not just a sleep/hibernate) and after 30 seconds with a blank black screen restart it, wait another 5 minutes and then reinstall it and see if that does the trick.

Regards

paws

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 kalexa

kalexa

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

Firefox is not compatible with Windows 7.  I have seen other people complaining about this same issue regarding videos and Chrome that go back 2 years.  No one seems to be able to find a solution and there are no known fixes listed on Google's site. I guess I can try uninstalling Chrome, but that hasn't worked for anyone else.   

#4 kalexa

kalexa

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

Surprise - uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome appeared to work for me!  Thanks so much.  Have a good day.

#5 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

Hi kalexa

Firefox works fine for many folks on Win 7.... if you are having trouble running it then try resetting it to defaults and see if ths helps.

If you cant get Chrome to work satisfactorily then there's always alternative browsers, IE Seamonkey etc etc.

Regards

paws

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#6 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

That's good to hear that Chrome now works Ok

Well done!

:thumbup: