I am trying to watch videos on The Weather Channel using Google Chrome. Nothing will load or play. However, if I cut and paste the site onto IE, the video plays fine. I have the automatic Flash Player that comes with Chrome. I also tried downloading a separate version of Flash and disabling the Pepper version, but still nothing. I'm not sure that this has ALWAYS been the case, but certainly for the past month or more. I have Windows 7.
videos don't load in Chrome
1 min read
Hi kalexa.
If it loads OK in IE (you could try Mozilla Firefox as well) but not in Chrome then it looks like it could be a problem in Chrome itself.
You could therefore try uninstalling it, close down your computer for a full shutdown (not just a sleep/hibernate) and after 30 seconds with a blank black screen restart it, wait another 5 minutes and then reinstall it and see if that does the trick.
Regards
paws
Firefox is not compatible with Windows 7. I have seen other people complaining about this same issue regarding videos and Chrome that go back 2 years. No one seems to be able to find a solution and there are no known fixes listed on Google's site. I guess I can try uninstalling Chrome, but that hasn't worked for anyone else.
Surprise - uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome appeared to work for me! Thanks so much. Have a good day.
Hi kalexa
Firefox works fine for many folks on Win 7…. if you are having trouble running it then try resetting it to defaults and see if ths helps.
If you cant get Chrome to work satisfactorily then there's always alternative browsers, IE Seamonkey etc etc.
Regards
paws
That's good to hear that Chrome now works Ok
Well done!
![]()
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI