When I goto a website with embedded video or sound all I get is a Red X. If I click save target THEN I can watch it but not in my browser. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
IN WinXP, just below the Address Bar (For instance: Address [http://www dot somewebsite dot com)]
You may see a dull "yellow" bar that indicates that action is being blocked… There will be a clickable point that yield a drop-down option to - downoad or allow, etc.
Which media playing do you have as "default" for your browser.
Some sites may call for RealPlayer, others work fine with MS MediaPlayer, some may require QuickTime.
Do you have the most recent Macromedia Flash Player update installed?
How about your JAVA script plug-in? Updated?
Sorry, I may be going rather far-afield exploring the obvious.
Best Regards
I am using yahoo and windows popup blockers but have them disabled……it seems to me that ONLY WMV files do not work and I have WMP 10 installed. QT and Real player seems to play fine in the IE6 window. I will confirm my Java is current–I believe it is.
WMV's should play just fine with the default installation of MediaPlayer 10.
However, there may be Codec's that are not loaded.
But, no, you say you can play the WMV if you Save As, and then play.
But just to cover the bases, here's a Codecs download that many folks use. http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite…_Codec_Pack.htm
I've used it without any problems, but I'm not very active with video media, so I may be a poor judge.
Best Regards
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI