This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Macrium Reflecct

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello

I make a new rescue media every time there is an update with Linux.

 

When there is an update, should I also update the Win Pe 4.0 it creates for UEFI?  It  states it is a 375 MB download from Windows.

 

Also there are now choices for  WinPE 3.0, 4.0, or 5.0 and 4.0 seems to be the default. Use 4.0?

Thanks

Peter

no idea why you think you need to create a new rescue win pe disc every time your os has an update because you don't need to, as to which to use then that depends on your os.

 

if your running win8.1 then use win pe 5. anything else then 4.0 will be fine.

 

here's a link explaining the differences and what's included in each version of win pe :- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn293271.aspx

 

:popcorn:

Terry

I made note of the chart you referred me to and it is a good thing you did as I had 4 for 8.1 and should have 5. Back to reset it.

 

I had thought you should update the WinPe as well as Linux  when there was an update to the program but now I know the way it should be.

Thank you

Peter

sorry peter my misunderstanding, thought you meant updates to your os not the macrium backup program, i'd say it would depend what the updates were to macrium, i'd guess some would need you to create a new pe disc so it would include any new or added compatibility feature, so yes there is no harm making both the linux and pe versions of the restore discs.

 

:popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI