This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

External HD displayed as Local Disk (RAW)

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,

 

I have an 80GB external HD which, as of today, shows as Local Disk (RAW) on my laptop.  I have read some related forums on this topic, which leads me to believe the HD is most likely busted.  I have one additional observation though.  When I plug the HD into my TV, all the files are still perfectly read and can be accessed.  I basically use the drive for moves/videos/photos.  Does that mean that the drive is indeed not defect and can somehow still be salvaged?

 

Hope you can help!

 

Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI