This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

My Seagate External Hard drive Backup Plus Slim has been overwritten a

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I am new to technology and I had possible done the most stupidest thing a person could ever do. I have had information in my new seagate external hard drive (4TB). In addition, I had also gotten a samsung s7 for my birthday that came with a USB connector. Assuming that I could watch my videos i had taken on vacation, I connected my seagate external hard drive to my samsung, A notification from my phone mentioned that my hard drive was corrupted or something and gave me the option to "fix it"; so i did. Then all the information that was in my hard drive was overwritten with folders "Android" and "LOST.DIR". There was nothing in those folders by the way. I then connected my external hard drive to my computer and it recognized it as a "local disk (F:)" and not the usual "Seagate Backup Plus"  with the same folders that was shown on my phone. What do I do now? Is my information gone?

Is my information gone?

Sadly, it may be. You need to try a recovery program to see if anything is left to recover. Hopefully, the data is still there but the file tables  don't know where to find it. I recommend you try Recuva from the makers of CCleaner. You might also try Wise Data Recovery. They might be able to scour the disks, find your files and then update the file tables so you can then view them. Cross your fingers, but don't hold your breath. :(

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI