Hello
I see from the attachment I have a public network. Shouldn't it be a private one for more security? How do I change it if that is correct?
Thank you
Peter
no from my understanding having it set to public network is the safest because it sets more stringent firewall rules and turns off file sharing etc so others can't gain access to your pc.
you need it set to private if you want to share files with other pc's tho i believe.
Terry
I did not think I would be back again this soon.
Thank you again; we need to print from the laptop etc. so chose home.
I understand where public may be more secure however it gets confusing b/c under home there are advanced settings to maintain security there.
I have it and thank you again.
Peter
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI