Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

Hello I see from the attachment I have a public network. Shouldn't it be a private one for more security? How do I change it if that is correct? Thank you Peter

Attached Thumbnails

• private.png

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

no from my understanding having it set to public network is the safest because it sets more stringent firewall rules and turns off file sharing etc so others can't gain access to your pc.

you need it set to private if you want to share files with other pc's tho i believe.

this link should explain everything you need to know. :- http://www.eightforu...indows-8-a.html

:popcorn:

#3 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

Terry I did not think I would be back again this soon. Thank you again; we need to print from the laptop etc. so chose home. I understand where public may be more secure however it gets confusing b/c under home there are advanced settings to maintain security there. I have it and thank you again. Peter