This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Network Security Settings

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Al grazer, Are you inquiring about a machine that is networked at your employer's place of business, or your own home computer, or other? How many computers and how are they networked? Thanks, Doug

Are you inquiring about a machine that is networked at your employer's place of business, or your own home computer, or other?How many computers and how are they networked?

Its actually my home PC, and there are NO computers networked to mine… I connect to the internet through a LAN (cable modem + router)

Thanks Doug! :weee:
Sorry about that previous post, I guess I'm still half asleep, just got back from the hospital (grueling shift)

What I meant to say is the following:

I'm inquiring about my home PC, and there are NO computers networked to mine (no LAN)… I connect to the internet through a Local Area Connection (Hybrid Cable ISP with a Motorola SURFboard SB5100 + router) to Amnet.co.cr (which I guess makes it a WAN?)



Thanx! :blink:

I'm inquiring about my home PC, and there are NO computers networked to mine (no LAN)… I connect to the internet through a Local Area Connection (Hybrid Cable ISP with a Motorola SURFboard SB5100 + router) to Amnet.co.cr (which I guess makes it a WAN?)


Bump! :weee:
iam just guessing but those might just be default "accounts" you would have to create a new account for that user or group to have accsess. if a account hasnt been created for the user or group i wouldnt be worried.

I can't seem to find any good links for answers to this… Read through the one I did find and I hope it can answer your question. ;)

I am just guessing but those might just be default "accounts" you would have to create a new account for that user or group to have accsess. if a account hasnt been created for the user or group i wouldnt be worried. B)


Thank you both! Very cool… After reading up on the subject and looking at juliet's link, I believe shelf life is completely right: these groups are just default categories that are available to assign users to… I'm going to leave them alone; in any case, it's the users that matter and the groups that they can be assigned to…

Again, thank you both for taking your time with this thread… hopefully somebody else could some day read this and not freak out like I initially did… :ph34r:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI