This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

hiding ip address

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

A trip to the auditmypc.com site demonstrated that my private IP address is visible, but I don't know what to do about it. Is it something I should worry about? I'm afraid to mess with settings that will knock me offline. I'm using XP and IE8 on a home wireless network. TIA.
The fact a web site knows your public ip address is nothing to worry about. Your internal ip if behind a router can also be determined via Java and again its nothing to worry about. Maybe they are selling proxy services. there is really no such thing as anonymous surfing.
Okay, and the fact that my "LAN settings" in Internet Options/Connections are set to not use a proxy server is no problem, as well?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI