This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

NEW PRIVATE NETWORK

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, When I switched on my P/C tonight I had a box pop up (Comodo Internet Security) advising "New Private Network Detected. The Firewall has detected a new private network that your P/C is about to join" I closed the box & had no internet connection - The connection section read - Status limited or no connectivity, I tried to repair it with no luck, "Windows could not finish repairing the problem. Seek assitance from the person who manages the network. I have my desktop p/c & the family run two laptops & an Ipod wireless. I have never had a problem until today. I then removed the internet cord from the router & placed in direct to the modem & I have internet connection on the desktop. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks In advance Ginkara :pullhair:
Hi Ginkara. My guess would be your router just experienced a glitch and it probably all needs to power down. (Computers, router, modem) Probably your router failed to hand out an IP address to your PC and so your PC automatically generated an IP address that was on a "new private network." This is why you got the "Limited or no connectivity" message. Rebooting the router will hopefully put things back to normal.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI