This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

domain, private,public

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello [Router, win 7, i5, wireless printer, and homegroup to file share]

Noton Security Suite says it is in charge of settings;

Desktop has both domain and public off BUT private is on.

Laptop has all three on.

I thought you were supposed to have only one firewall on. I called Norton and they repeated what the pc says about Norton Security Suite taking over the Windows firwalls.

I am not having trouble but I can turn off the Windows firewalls manully if I should.

What to do?

What to do?


nothing.. :D

or turn off both private and domain on the laptop.(would think public has the strongest settings)

domain, private,public are not 3 different firewalls, but actually just different profile settings for the same firewall, which the norton program now controls.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library…28WS.10%29.aspx

:popcorn:



>>Interesting to note that they are not 3 firewalls but just one. Norton and Win 7 are working together and that is good.
Thank you,Terri, for the confimation;I concede that Norton knows more than I do.
Peter

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI