This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

private messages?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Curious as to why I am not able to send a private messages When I tried to send one I received the error: You are not allowed to use the messenger feature on this board Do you have to be a member of staff or have a number of posts? Not a big concern, just curious is all.
Hi Clark76 Theres a restriction in place, that won't let you post PM's before you have done 10 or 15 posts. Can't remember the exact number. From your signature I can see that you're a member of both ASAP and UNITE, and thought if there is anyone in here you would like to get in touch with from the staff. If so, I can leave a word in the closed member forums. Regards Abydos
Hi again Clark I saw that post also. Already left a message for the mod's. But thanks for notice. If there is anything you want to know / hear about, just say so, and I shall answer to the best of my knowledge. Enjoy :) Regards Abydos
Abydos

What is the policy for when a user posts a Hijackthis log in the wrong forum. Are regular users allowed to give the user this link and suggest they post in the proper forum if the problem still persists or is the thread moved?

Reason I am asking is because of this thread
Clark76, You are welcome to post anywhere but in the HJT forum. Posting a "hint" is no problem. I've left a message for the moderators about that HJT log in the wrong forum and I believe that someone will remove it. The Mod will probably also post an explanation why they edited the post, however feel free to post your warning. :thumbup:
Thanks LDTate for that most informative and instructive link. I had appreciated and understood the reasoning behind the disabling of PM's for new members, but must confess I was totally unaware of the scale of the problem and the sheer amount of work that could be created if one of the bad guys could exploit the situation. Thanks again for the heads up.