This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Belkin Wireless Router

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello: I hired somebody several years ago to set up my Belkin Wireless Router F5D7230-4 router and I set up a password. Years later, I need to get in but do not recall it. Can anyone provide guidance on how to retrieve it? I went on the Belkin site and somehow I ended up on the computer with the "logmein123" people and it sounded very fishy so I did not proceed with them. Thanks for the help!
sorry no i don't know how to retrieve the password, but as a last resort you can reset it back to factory defaults where the user is admin and password is blank.

With the router powered on, press and hold the reset button for exactly
seven seconds, this will restore the router to factory default.

Note: By default the password on the router is left blank, and the
default IP address is 192.168.2.1

http://www.belkin.com/support/kb/kb.asp?a=2900

then you can set it up how you want including setting a new admin password.

i'd also recommend you checking and installing the latest firmware for it, if it doesn't already have it.

https://www4.belkin.com/support/article/?li…27&scid=221

:popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI