This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Reset Router

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,

I am getting help from ken545 from this forum http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=381942#post381942 as I am infected with a virus. They determined that the router is infected and needs to be reset and then reinstalled. I am currently getting my home pc, that the router was connected to, fixed. I don't know if I can reinstall the router on my laptop instead. The router is a Trendnet TEW-432BRP Version 3.0.
According to the Users Guide, you can reset the router by pushing in on the small button to the right of the power connector on the back of the unit. I would push and hold it in for 5-10 seconds.

RESET
Use a pin-shape item to push to reset this device to factory default settings. It will
be useful too when the manager forgot the password to login, but the setting will be
back to default setting.


Users Guide is here: TEW-432BRP (Version A1)

near the bottom of the page.
Once you reset the router, you then need to connect an Ethernet cable to it from your laptop, then set it up. Once it's setup then remove the cable and use Wireless.
Hi Guys,

I have the same problem as Dan J….I have to keep resetting my router as my ability to open up web pages becomes very slow or impossible, as soon as I reset the router it is back to normal again. What is causing this and can I fix it? Thanks!


Edited by paws..active link in "signature" to Internet Phone service removed

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI