We have had a Belkin A+G wireless router for a while. When i first installed it, it worked great, but for an unknown reason it stopped working about a year ago. Since then i have tried reinstalling countless times and we have even got a new router when we called Belkin. I am at a loss and could really use some help. When i put the cd in to install it, it goes right to the end of the setup where it says finished installing, but it still doesnt work. could there be a problem in the registry? any and all help will be greatly appreciated. thank you.
NS04,
I'm a newbie here but can you tell us a little more about what you are accomplishing with this router? Can you describe your setup? How is this connected to your ISP?
The router is connected to our desktop computer and our sprint dsl modem. we are trying to get the wireless to work, so we can use it for our laptops, both with wireless capabilities.
NS04,
What are the settings in your router? Do you have correct IP and DNS settings from your ISP? Is the cable from the DSL modem connected to the WAN port?
ns04,
I don't know enough to know what that error means.
The information I was asking about is I believe that you need to set some "settings" in your router. I was asking what those are. As far as the WAN port goes, there should be multiple ports on your router. One of them should be called WAN. Any others should be called either LAN or have numbers. The cable between your dsl modem and your router should be plugged into the WAN port. Your computer should be plugged into a LAN port.
You have a CD to do some automatic settup apparently. I interpreted your post as that this CD setup program is not running as expected. Do you know how to program your router manually?
Can you try entering 192.168.2.1 in your browser and see if it brings up your router settings?
Is there anything on this page that may help? Belkin: Support
could this error possibly have something to do with it??
[attachment removed]
DISCLAIMER - I don't work here.
Hey, I had a problem like that too after I installed Cingular's silly wireless management software to manage my 3G card. I couldn't connect to my home network any more. The picture you posted says Sprint. If your ISP is sprint and you installed special connection management software, maybe it's a Sprint problem!
Also if it's a laptop try to test it on somebody else's wireless. Some bookstores and coffee shops have free wireless connections for customers. I don't think the problem is in the router. They're a bear to set up the first time you own one, but you would have figured it out by now. It looks like you've tried everything on the router side.
I hope you're trying to log into the router with an ethernet cable to set it up - no wireless, no setup via wireless. And the router might not let anyone administer it via wireless even if it's working just fine. I keep one computer wired in case the router gets reset by Murphy or Evil Spirits or whatever.
Oh, yeah, and check to see whether there's a switch on your computer somewhere to turn on the radio. That bit me when a friend asked me to set up their laptop - didn't I look silly! My H… errrr… Dell laptop turns on the radio from the keyboard.
Oops, didn't see this…
i dont know if this will help, but here it is:
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
The router setup disk should change some settings in your network connection. It looks from another post like you have DHCP enabled ok, but it's possible that you're typing some stuff in instead of letting the router assign them. My router assigns comcast's DNS server, not the router ip. That's the thing that lets you find web sites on the Internet!
Good luck!
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI