This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

My Data Sources

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

That is what I was doing but it won't work. I use [removed] as my M.S.  email.

I have a Gmail account and a Comcast one.

The only mail that appears under default programs is Window's Mail app which I don't care for but do have checked as default to no avail.

I used to use WLM but they are phasing out Essentials.

Why won't their own app work - is that is has no directory?

 

I'll bet you suggest using Thunderbird or another email client which may be a good idea..

You don't specify a e-mail address. You select the E-mail program you use. If you use your web browser to read E-mail then it's not going to work.

 

When it worked, WLM was probably what you were using. Have you tried the Mail app in Windows 10? If you set that up then it should work with Office.

 

I use Seamonkey which is a suite and has browser and e-mail. Equivalent might be Firefox and Thunderbird.

I did use WLM but Essentials is fading.
I tried to make the Windows10 mail app
but it did not work. I still wonder why being the Windows app.
I am happy with eM Client as it opens when it should and is easy to use.

Thank you Guys! It was beautiful to read of your love for your families.. :thumbup:  :friends: .Particularly as I was in alarm at the sudden poppingup of a "My data sources" folder in Mydocuments followed by alarm alerts when I sought to open its contents . I deleted it before being able to get online to see what it was. Am I wrong :blush:  , or is it correct that it doesnt matter if I have deleted it? Will Windows/Office find a way to reinstate whatever is needed if I ever decide to mail merge etc?

 

As I have never sent a word doc directly as an email, nor (yet) used Access, an explanation as to why it appeared would put my mind at rest.

 

My first time on a forum…. 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI