Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93090 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

My Data Sources

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

Hello I noticed that in Documents there is a folder named My Data Sources. I sent an email via Word yesterday at the same time it appears to have been created. Does anyone know if I should keep this folder and what its function is. There is little on the web about it, in lay terms. I did a system restore and it only removed the contents but the folder remains. My laptop which is very similar to my desktop does not have it. Thank you Peter

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Digerati

Digerati

Built, broke, fixed, learned.

• Tech Team
  • 3,717 posts
  • MVP

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

There is little on the web about it, in lay terms.

Oh? I find lots on the web about it. It is created by the Mail Merge feature of Word. It is harmless. You can delete it, but if you start Mail Merge again, it will be created again.
kIbxonF.gif Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
fl3leAE.gif Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

─────────────────────

#3 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

Hello I should have clarified that to read, "I found little on the web that I could grasp." I understand, now, that I created it by sending the email with Word, and thank you for that. As it is harmless and, being that I will use it again, I will leave it. My 12 year old grand daughter taught that to me a couple of days ago. Oh Boy!! I guess I should have asked her about the folder. :wub: Thank you

#4 Digerati

Digerati

• Tech Team
  • 3,717 posts
  • MVP

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

My 12 year old grand daughter taught that to me a couple of days ago. Oh Boy!! I guess I should have asked her about the folder

I hear you on that. But still, kids have a different (and lacking) perspective when it comes to security - they are invincible, after all. ;)
Freedom is NOT Free!

─────────────────────

#5 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

That is why I wish they could not drive until they were 21 - whoosh!

#6 Digerati

Digerati

• Tech Team
  • 3,717 posts
  • MVP

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

Yeah, but being their taxi is already a pain. Just having cell phone jammers in all cars may be good enough.
Freedom is NOT Free!

─────────────────────

#7 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

I never thought we would ever have any as my children were never blessed until late in life. We uprooted and live near them although we can't afford to. Being ill and aged, I find great solace in their company and have really bonded. I do however understand that each situation is different.

#8 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

There have been times when I wished we could have gone directly to Grandchildren bypassing the Children phase!

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#9 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

There have been times when I wished we could have gone directly to Grandchildren bypassing the Children phase!

So true as the old saying goes, "We should have our grandchildren before our children."

No matter how you spell it out, we all agree, most times.

Grandchildren, especially when very young, and the relationship with the grandparent is a dynamic that can only be experienced; that is why nothing is clinically put on paper. They grow too old too quickly. For shut ins they are the best therapy, and even beat puppies.

Enjoy 'em while you can!

Edited by Peter1, 31 August 2013 - 07:14 AM.

#10 Digerati

Digerati

• Tech Team
  • 3,717 posts
  • MVP

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

Grandkids are great. I have 9 (counting step). And the best thing about grandkids is you get to hand them back at the end of the day! ;)
Freedom is NOT Free!

─────────────────────

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

9 - wonderful. Lots of memories. Keep that video cam going. I have about 12 dvds so far. I hope you get a chance to see all of them as geography can spread them out at times. It isn't fair picking favs but our first girl is very dear to us.

#12 Digerati

Digerati

• Tech Team
  • 3,717 posts
  • MVP

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

I hope you get a chance to see all of them as geography can spread them out at times.

I have never seen all at once as 4 are in KC and 4 in Alaska. Just one lives nearby.
Freedom is NOT Free!

─────────────────────

#13 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

That is a bit sad. My son adopted from Russia and is in NH so we rarely see them. We moved to be near my daughter in case something further happened to me and to babysit when the first was born. We did so in DC commuter traffic both ways to MD for the next 4 years. It was worth it as we really bonded with the first girl. They are so busy now that we are a side note but I know they care. I hope you get to visit yours as often as you can/wish.

#14 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:08 PM

My data sources is back so i will just delete it.

While on the topic, I click file on Word 2010 and try to send the document as an attachment via email but tit says there is no account associated with it.

How do I do hat?

I tried default programs in Windows 10 to no avail.

#15 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:24 PM

What OS?

Check Control Panel, Default Programs then Set your default programs.

Scroll down to your Email program, click on it and click on Set this program as default.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown