This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Win.old

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Is it recommended to remove this folder as it appears the user has the same information? It appeared after I installed Win 8.
Personally once I know I have all data from it, I delete, the reason you have that folder is because you installed on top of it, rather than a clean install, so all windows did was place the previous install into a single folder, untouched, so the file structure etc. are exactly the same as before, the folder is not used by windows after this, at least to what I know, but I've deleted numerous times without issue, but if in doubt wait for a while, make sure all is running right, create a restore point then delete, but if you are in doubt just leave it, all it's doing is using x amount of disk space, hope that helps a bit.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI