Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Server Hangup

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dconant1

dconant1

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Just purchased a brand new Dell Inspiron Laptop with Windows 8 operating system. I use Yahoo for email. Whenever I try to delete an email I get a screen that says SERVER HANGUP. Same thing if I try to compose, then send out a new email. I searched online and find all sorts of things that seem very complicated (ie. Windows Kernel debugger, etc) and know nothing about. This computer is part of our home networking system. It accesses the wireless connection fine and has no other problems except with Yahoo mail. All our other computers work fine in the house. This is a brand new message. I don't know what it means or how to remedy this so Yahoo might work as it should.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

I'm afraid my usage of windows 8 is very little, so I can't guide directly, but that said, I suspect your mail client may not be set up correctly, so generally speaking you need to open your email settings, once in there make sure the settings are as This from Yahoo, hopefully that should sort it out, if not report back with what client your using, and people can see what else may be an issue, hope this helps.

Braindead

#3 dconant1

dconant1

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

I tried the link and couldn't get to anyone that could help. The problem has grown. When I access my Yahoo Email from any of my 5 computers they all go to SERVER HANGUP when deleting/sending a message. It's very weird. There must be something wrong with Yahoo. Yet I can't get anyone there to respond.

#4 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

You won't get through to anyone from that link, it only gives instruction's for a user to follow, and set up their email correctly, but you still haven't said what email client your using, is it Outlook Express, Outlook, or something else ?

Braindead

#5 dconant1

dconant1

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

We figured it out tonight. Here's the scoop. Yahoo email recently changed to a "new look" on the home screen. It gives more information on the subject line and we didn't like that so we went into the settings and changed it back to BASIC. That's when the problems started. Once we deselected BASIC, everything went back to normal. My, my how computers can be 'prickly.' Thanks for your attempts. appreciate it.

#6 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:56 AM

Well that's one I wouldn't of got without getting my hands on it, glad your sorted, Thanks for letting us know, it's one for the memory banks. :thumbup:

Braindead

#7 sahanas

sahanas

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:55 AM

Great sharing.Nice.