This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Retrieving lost COPIED (NOT) Yahoo email document in XP/IE

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI



It's happened to us all at some point.

Here goes….

Replying to my boss with an extensive Yahoo email. Before I was going to send it I decided to COPY it (right click) and paste it in a WORD document and SAVE it…JUST IN CASE!!!

So when I go to PASTE it into the Word document all that gets pasted is the last thing I COPIED BEFORE this replied to email draft and NOT the draft itself. I thought "OH.OH!" So I went back to the email and tried to re-paste it (thinking it would…but it didn't).

So where did this reply go to??????? And more importantly, is it retrievable??????

I'm aware there may be programs that coul've helped if they were installed BEFORE the incident and I'm in the process of using a program called RECUVA, even though for emails Yahoo isn't listed as one of their email programs that it works with. I don't know if this would even BE a Yahoo issue vs a Windows XP issue or even an IE issue.

Do I stand a chance or just go back to the drawing board?

Thanks!
I have seen that happen numerous times now, can't explain it, I'm guessing it may be a right click rule blocking in there somewhere, if right click fails to work try using the keyboard shortcuts, highlight text to copy then; CTRL + C to copy, then CTRL + V to paste where you want it. The only other approach is to write it in Word or similar first, then copy and paste it over, but in this case you "should" find a copy of what you sent in the Sent menu of your email, just look under your inbox icon (assuming they are stacked one over the other) click on Sent mail, and as long as it's set up to do so (most if not all are by default in my experience) you should see what you sent there, hope it helps.
Appreciate the effort Guy.
Long story short-
Don't ask me how but when I clicked back on my DRAFT emails (I have it set to automatically save what I'm writing in email to DRAFT every couple of minutes), it was THERE! It wasn't previously but it was NOW!? Go figure.

I have had Yahoo email issues before and always swore I would ALWAYS write my emails in Word FIRST! But just like when you get a divorce and swear off all women, you revert back to your old habits. Grrrrrrrr

Thanks again Guy all is well. Peace <><

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI