This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Vista Word Program Retrieval

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I sent myself a word document as an attachment from my work computer to my laptop in a hotmail email. I opened the attachments and made modifications. I saved it by clicking on the disc at the top left of screen. When I went to retieve I could not find the document. I reopened but no modifications. Any ideas where the file would have been saved?
It should of prompted you as to where to save the file if it was an attachment. You can try re-opening the attachment and choosing File > Save As, then look at where the default save as location and look for your file in that directory.
Unfortunately I ha :pullhair: ve opened and resaved several times since then. Is there any way to take the computer back to a certain time in its memory…say before i resaved??
:welcome: kjb1966,

We are pleased you have chosen this wonderful forum to seek help.

Regarding your email and attachment to yourself, you can do one of two things as I see it.

  • Resend the email to yourself and be more careful where you save the file.
  • Do a Systems restore to an earlier date like this
  • Start
  • All Programs
  • Accessories
  • System Tools
  • System Restore and follow the prompts

I saved it by clicking on the disc at the top left of screen.

I do not understand the content of your quote in bold above. To save, click on File and save or save as.

Keep us posted with the results or if you need more assistance.

kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI