Please help my computer stopped being able to connect to the internet 3 days ago. I had been online reading some fan fiction when I got a window update that restarted my computer. During the restart my laptop said that some drivers where misplaced and went to repair it. After the computer finished repairs and updated I logged back in and my computer now cannot locate any wifi access points or even recognize when my Ethernet cable is plugged in. When I looked into my device manager I located three network adapters I dont recognize called WAN Miniport (IP), WAN Miniport (IPv6), and WAN Miniport (Network Monitor). All three of these have the error message "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)". I have tried disabling, uninstalling and a system restore through safe mode. Unfortunatly none have worked and the computer will not actually let me uninstall the drivers.
Sounds like the drivers have been corrupted, and the fact it won't uninstall them suggests there are none there it can find to uninstall.
Best option is to reinstall them from the makers site, if this is a store bought system, go to that makers site, find your system under support\downloads, make sure you select the driver for the right operating system your using, and download and install the LAN\WAN drivers, hopefully that will sort the problem.
Now if this is a custom build, you need to identify the motherboard, and go to that makers site and do the same as just explained previous, you should then have it all working properly again, if your unable, or unsure what you have, reply with details of the system, namely make\model, and in some cases a tag number (usually on the sticker at the back, but not all makers use these), that's for store bought systems, if it's custom build then we need to know the make\model of the motherboard, and also look out for any revision numbers, as these can make a big difference, then hopefully we can steer you to the right place to get the drivers required, hope this helps a bit.
Thank you for the help I still wasn't able to find out the problem though a friend was able to help me in the end and fix it he said certain file had been missing and was able to replace them.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI