This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

have to reset network adapter to connect to internet

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My computer: Sony Vaio SR490 laptop OS: Vista 64 (ugh!) Internet: Verizon DSL wireless Whenever I turn on my laptop, I have to reset the network adapter through Vista in order to actually connect. Sometimes I can connect right off the bat, but a minute later pages will stop loading and I'll have to reset. This can happen a few times while I'm on the computer. When I do the "diagnose and repair" it says nothing is wrong with my connection, but it gives the option to reset the adapter (and that's the only thing that works). I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the adapter via Device Manager. That didn't help. Is this definitely a problem with the router/connection, or is it my computer, or is it Vista? Because sometimes I have to power cycle the router to be able to connect too. I'd hate to think it was anything with my computer, since my system board is brand new (was replaced under warranty for unrelated issue). But if it is, I need to know because my warranty will be up soon.
Hi, Sorry to hear of the Internet connection problems you are experiencing.

Is this definitely a problem with the router/connection, or is it my computer,

A fairly quick way to establish this is to try another laptop, and see if it will connect wirelessly to your router…… you may need to ask a chum to pop round with his/her laptop if you don't have a spare handy.
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI