This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

BSOD & Deleted Files

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a Windows 7 Sony VAIO. Last night it wasn't connecting to my wifi, so I tried unplugging, waiting & retrying (this happens occasionally), over & over again for about 15 minutes. Then, blue screen popped up & rebooted before I got to see what it said. The blue screen does not show up anymore & my laptop restarts normally, however, it deleted ALL of my files & programs && I cannot connect to the internet. Is there any way to restore my files or at least connect to wifi??
WHY DID IT EVEN DO THIS?!
I HAVE ESSAYS DUE! :(

If there is any additional information needed, please let me know!

PS I do not have any restore points because..I'm an idiot.
I believe all your files and programs are still there, but your account has been corrupted.

To check, open Computer and look at C:\Users. Your account should be listed there. Try opening some of the folders.

If your data is there then see if this helps: How to fix a corrupted account in Windows 7

Edit: It would be a very good idea to backup your data before doing much of anything if you can get to it.
Thank you SO much! It worked & I found all of my files. The problem left is that I cannot access wifi. It shows the possible connections, but it says the connection was unsuccessful & it has limited connectivity. The network & sharing center says, "Unknown – The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."
Can you connect via Ethernet cable?

Also, do this please:

Click on Start then Run or press Window key (next to left Ctrl key) +R and paste the following into the Run box, exactly as shown, including double quotes:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close.

If you don't have a Run selection off the Start menu, see here: Enable Run Command on Windows 7 or Vista Start Menu, or just press Windows Key (next to the left Ctrl key) + R.
I cannot connect with an Ethernet cable. This is what appeared after doing so: Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Ravena-VAIO Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . : Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid IP Routing Enabled . . . . . : No WINS Proxy Enabled . . . . : No Ping request could not find host yahoo.com. Please check the name and try again. ______ Also, I checked the Network and Sharing Center. There is no connection; it says "Unknown–The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."
Any yellow marks in Device Manager, especially under Network adapters?

Press Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI