This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Bluescreens... Again

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi there! I have used WTT for a problem with a virus maybe 3-4 months ago, and you guys are just brilliant with helping us less educated in the computing field.

So down to it, a while back, maybe last september, I had SO many bluescreens it was unreal, I couldn't start my laptop up at all, and it was all a giant mess. I left it in a bag in my room for 6 months or so, by which time I managed to finally start her up and start the massive clean up, I removed everything, bar one game, League of Legends, and since I cleaned all the virus' off etc and it has worked like a charm. Until a couple of days back. I am staying at my friends for a while, playing 'LoL' and surfing the internet. I was halfway through a game and the dreaded BSOD appeared again. It has happened maybe 3-4 times since last night, once during a windows update, once during another failed windows update (sorted that out earlier) and a couple of times during a couple of games last night and today.

I desperately need help to stop this BSOD problem occurring all the time again. I have the copy/paste from the warning box that popped up on my screen after the restart due to the last BSOD, and the minidump file.

I'll copy/paste the first code etc that says stuff to do with BBC code and other things below, but I am very confused about how to zip a .dmp file and link it because everytime I press upload, it just says 'Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file' :( So if anyone replies to this topic, I might need help with that :/


Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8004C15038
BCP3: 00000000B6002000
BCP4: 0000000006000136
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\081413-35474-01.dmp
C:\Users\Marshall\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-49046-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104…mp;clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Thanks again.
Dale.
Hi Dale.

From your description I think the best thing you can do is backup any data you don't want to lose then restore the computer to it's Factory New state. How you do this varies with the manufacturer but normally you can do it from the Start Menu or by pressing one or more keys during boot. If you provide the make and complete model number I can see what the online Users Guide has to say about doing this.

Alternatively, go to the Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 3 days, post a message here: What To Do If You Have No Response In 3 Days?

Do not reply to your post there as the malware folks look for posts with no replies first.
Thanks a bunch for replying to me. Since yesterday, turning on my laptop takes a few tries before it gets through to the welcome screen now, so I guess factory reset is the best thing to do. I may need a small bit of help with backing up, I mean, I know what it is, but I have never taken any steps towards doing it. Also, a question, we bought Microsoft Office back in 2010, but the guy who put it on didn't actually give us the key code for office, so will it disappear when I reset it? My system model is called HP Pavillion dv6 notebook PC. Thanks, Dale.
I also do not have the windows disks, so I can't reinstall windows 7 unfortunately. I have looked at a lot of websites and they all talk about needing disks to reinstall everything. This is all terribly confusing to me. I have, however, found my MS office code, so that's all sorted. Dale.
Run MagicJellyBean Keyfinder, it will tell you the key used to install Office.

If you do not have a Windows 7 installation DVD, or it's not up to the Service Pack level currently installed,you can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here:

Windows 7 Direct Download Links

Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.

I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file.

You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.

YOU MUST HAVE A VALID KEY TO INSTALL THIS .ISO. The one on the COA sticker on your computer will work.

You can also create a bootable USB Flash drive (4GB or larger) to install Windows 7 from.
  • Download and run Universal USB Installer – Easy as 1 2 3
  • Select Windows 7 from the first drop down list, all the way to the bottom
  • Select the downloaded Windows 7 iso file
  • Select your USB flash drive
  • Click Create
For techies or folks who work on computers: Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.
This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI