This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

HP B109n-z Printer Issues

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

B) Hi again guys.. hope the new year is treating you well so far? Well I have a minor issue with my old printer… it is a HP B109n-z all in one… Now a few months back my Laptop stopped been able to send any print to this by Wireless,(was working fine) tried a uninstall/install back then but gave up.. HP for you I thought…so just used a pen drive and printed off that way..BUT my youngest daughter was doing the same.. until the other day I tried to an install on her School based laptop… had to download the driver etc as her LT has no CD.. No problem.. installed and she now can print by wireless.. cool I thought I would do the same to mine…. bad mistake… I have been trying now for the last couple of days to no avail.. always a failed install.. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64bit.. Now I know this should be a hassle free install, but this has got me lost… I have downloaded the driver from HP along with several fixes from HP but still no joy.. Help please? Cheers in advance TomT ,
I know someone with a similar unit, and ended up telling them just use a cable lol, I was always able to solve it, but they would break it again, so the amount of times I had to do it is why I said use a cable, but TBH even when I did sort it, I still found the easiest way was to use an HP utility, I realise you said you have the latest driver, and have tried various solutions, but you don't mention using this specific tool, so if you haven't used this, Try it and see how you go, the page for it is Here, with instructions how to use it, and it may require you accessing the printer menu directly on it's own panel in conjunction to sort it, but this will walk you through it, hope it helps.
Hi again, thanks for the reply.. the issue is not just the wifi, I cant get the download to install and that with the HP installer..( so the printer is not listed ) everything is fine and the installer sees the printer is on wifi etc, then just fails. I have run Revo to do a good uninstall, and tried again… but still no good.. will try the HP utility as you have suggested and reply back Cheers Tomt
Back again, and no luck with the HP downloads. Always a failed install.. I cant even install with a USB connected so some thing is astray… Screenshot of the failed install.. Im running out of ideas here with something so simple as this lol

Attachments:

I have come across something like this once before, but it was a mate who said just reinstall, as they had other issues as well, so I never got to figure out what was going on, but needless to say it worked straight off after the reinstall.

Anyway this is more the sort of thing I am best stumbling around in, as such I have no clear answers, but try using the HP troubleshooting guide, they walk you through step by step as to what to do, see if following that helps at all.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI