This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problem with HP Officejet 4315 All in One

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Sorry if this doesn't belong in this forum. I wasn't sure where to put it.

I own an HP Office Jet 4315 and for some reason it just stopped printing. It started a few days ago and I tried to unplug the usb cord (so that the drivers would reload. Darn not having a regular printer port that requires a cd to run. I don't even know where to access the drivers for my printer on this sucky Vista system. I'm a novice so forgive my lack of knowledge.) unplugging the power cable, doing a system restore (which didn't work. I rarely encountered this on Xp.) and finally doing reformat and reinstall. NO success. :The printer will copy, but when I push the print button it prompts me to save a doc for the Microsoft XPS writer. I click cancel (twice) and it pops up this message.

[external image: Posted Image]


I need my printer to print very important documents and am fed up and completely unsure as to what to do. The printer isn't registering in the printers folder despite the drivers (supposedly) being loaded. This has never happened before and I need a solution. What do I do?

BTW I have tried reinstalling the printer drivers and it was nothing doing. In fact the software doesn't even see the printer! :mad: This window pops up.

[external image: Posted Image]

Also when I tried to unplug and replug in the usb cable no drivers loaded. This disturbed me because they loaded before. Can anyone help me figure out why the printer won't show up on the computer even though the usb cable and power cord are plugged in?
Hello leader2,

I came across some information, that was posted on the HP Support Site for your particular printer. There are quite a few solutions that they have listed on this page in regards to the error message you are receiving. I'm not sure if any of those solutions will be of use to you, but thought I'd pass them along anyways.

Cheers,
SweetTech.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI