Zepx
Topic Starter
Hi,
From the topic of http://forums.whatthetech.com/ad_yieldmanager_t100493.html
After undergoing those infections… I think my printer stopped functioning properly. To definite what is working and what is not, only a test print (meant to check the printer head lines) is working. Other than that, printing of 'Test Page' and 'Normal Printing' do not work at all. There is absolutely no response from the printer.
I would like to explain what is exactly going on….. yet I'm unsure what is the cause of this malfunction.
1. My printer worked fine for my old laptop which runs on windows XP OS. However, it does not work for my new laptop HP Pavillion dv5-1063TX most likely after running the steps to undergo disinfection.
2. As I plug in my printer into the USB port, I noticed the printer no longer automatically prompts to install the driver. Basically the plug n play did not work as it was supposed to. Previously it will always prompt me, telling me that a new driver has been found no matter how many times I plugged in.
3. I started setting up things to print. There was no response from the printer.
4. I tried printing a test page. Yet no response was given.
5. I then tried printing a Nozzle Check Test Page. It worked fine and there was a response. A nozzle check test page was basically a printing to check if the printer head was clogged. Following it I tried many things suck as uninstalling the printer by deleting it from the printers, reinstalling with the CD provided, etc. Nothing worked.
6. My conclusion is that all printing does not work except a Nozzle Check Test Page!
7. I continued testing out the printer with an older laptop, Toshiba A40, running on XP OS. Printing worked fine and was very normal. However, the printing was not done with a USB cable, instead I was using the LDP port.
Below are the details of my printer:
Epson Photo Stylus 900
Bought in Year 2004.
I'm using this printer on a HP Pavillion dv5-1063TX model, running on Windows Vista. And yes, there is no supporting driver of this printer for Vista OS. However, from my past experience, my laptop managed to do the printing just like normal.
A solution to this problem would be most welcomed And yes, I'm desperate to solve this printer problem as it is essential to my college work.
From the topic of http://forums.whatthetech.com/ad_yieldmanager_t100493.html
After undergoing those infections… I think my printer stopped functioning properly. To definite what is working and what is not, only a test print (meant to check the printer head lines) is working. Other than that, printing of 'Test Page' and 'Normal Printing' do not work at all. There is absolutely no response from the printer.
I would like to explain what is exactly going on….. yet I'm unsure what is the cause of this malfunction.
1. My printer worked fine for my old laptop which runs on windows XP OS. However, it does not work for my new laptop HP Pavillion dv5-1063TX most likely after running the steps to undergo disinfection.
2. As I plug in my printer into the USB port, I noticed the printer no longer automatically prompts to install the driver. Basically the plug n play did not work as it was supposed to. Previously it will always prompt me, telling me that a new driver has been found no matter how many times I plugged in.
3. I started setting up things to print. There was no response from the printer.
4. I tried printing a test page. Yet no response was given.
5. I then tried printing a Nozzle Check Test Page. It worked fine and there was a response. A nozzle check test page was basically a printing to check if the printer head was clogged. Following it I tried many things suck as uninstalling the printer by deleting it from the printers, reinstalling with the CD provided, etc. Nothing worked.
6. My conclusion is that all printing does not work except a Nozzle Check Test Page!
7. I continued testing out the printer with an older laptop, Toshiba A40, running on XP OS. Printing worked fine and was very normal. However, the printing was not done with a USB cable, instead I was using the LDP port.
Below are the details of my printer:
Epson Photo Stylus 900
Bought in Year 2004.
I'm using this printer on a HP Pavillion dv5-1063TX model, running on Windows Vista. And yes, there is no supporting driver of this printer for Vista OS. However, from my past experience, my laptop managed to do the printing just like normal.
A solution to this problem would be most welcomed And yes, I'm desperate to solve this printer problem as it is essential to my college work.